Sunday, May 10, 2009

Robbinsdale Craft/Bake Sale and Flea Market


So the sale was fun. I didn't sell any skirts, but I got my name out and I had 5 skirts to show. Funny enough, when I was making the skirts I was thinking "I hope this doesn't sell because it would be perfect on Ella" and "I hope this one doesn't sell because it would be perfect for my niece." I am okay with not selling any, I really don't want to be overwhelmed with orders. They take time and this isn't a full time business, just a really pretty, fun hobby! :)
I love the way the teal one turned out. I used a little different satin on the waist (a little thicker, not as shiny). I will make a smaller one for Ella and see how it holds up. It should be nice, that satin was more expensive than the regular one I use. Funny enough, the person next to us at the sale was the husband of a friend. He is a photographer, here is his link: http://www.johnfellman.com/
We had a great day overall, even with it being chilly and some cloud cover. People were in good spirits and there was a great mix of vendors and of course plenty of yummy treats and coffee.

No comments: